Pages

In the way of life

I can't believe it's been so long since I've posted--May turned out to be a lot busier than planned! I kept thinking to myself, "I need to get on my blog, but life just keeps getting in the way." Life keeps getting in the way... interesting. I have thoughts like that far too often. The things I really want to do end up on the bottom of my list and necessities creep their way up to the top. But is life really in the way or am I putting too many demands on myself that are getting in the way of life?

A few days ago, I took a break to catch up on reading Play is the Thing and was profoundly touched by Varenia's story and this Washington Post article she featured about child deaths due to hyperthermia. Deep breath. Tear. The most compelling thing about that article in particular is that it emphasizes how this tragedy happens to people when they get too stressed, too busy and they just forget about their child. It can happen to anyone. I am blessed that it has not yet happened to me.

In an effort to stay away from sounding preachy, I will stop here and only ask that you take the time to read the article linked above. I feel that it has truly changed my life and served as the wake-up call I needed after a very busy time. 

On a much lighter note, we had an incredible May and I look forward to sharing all that we've been up to very soon!

No comments: