Pages

When I grow up and get married, I'm living alone!

Ahh, that is a line from one of my favorite movies ever, Home Alone. I know, it's silly and definitely didn't qualify to win any awards, but it is surprisingly highly quotable and always makes me feel like it's Christmas, no matter when I watch it. Those words were blaring in my mind this morning when I woke up feeling like complete crap and couldn't seem to get a moment to recharge for my day.

I was up with Addie twice last night--her diaper leaked and it took her a little while to fall back asleep in her clean, dry pajamas. But sleep she did. For me, however, it was another story. I woke up about two hours later with a very upset tummy and nothing to do about it. I finally made it back to sleep but when I heard that sweet little voice through the monitor this morning, it only made me squeeze my eyes closed tighter and pray it wasn't really time to get up.

Since I usually put Addie to bed at night, Curt has morning duty and goes in to get her out of her crib, change her diaper and bring her in with us for a cup of milk. Today, I begged him for some more sleep and he said, "Sure, honey." Fantastic! Or so I thought. Daddy's version of keeping Addie occupied so I can catch a few more winks was very different from mine. About fifteen minutes later, I had enough of being crawled all over and hearing, "Addie, leave Mommy alone". I threw the covers back, jumped out of bed and made some nasty comment about never getting any rest. Way to go, Mommy.

Daddy, with his best Simmer down, Dear look, then took Addie in to the kitchen for breakfast and I crawled back into bed for a brief power nap. By the time she was finished I felt a little bit better and came out to take over so Curt could get ready and go to work. As I sipped my coffee and ate my jam-covered english muffin, the day didn't seem so bad anymore. And with Addie stealing bites of my breakfast wearing the new hat I finished for her last night, I decided it would probably be best if I allow her and Daddy to stay.

No comments: