Pages

Progress is progress

After last week's meltdown, I've had a few moments to breathe and map out a plan. Sixteen days until Christmas and still there is much to do. But I have decided to embrace the fun of all the creativity I get to channel and reject the stress of being busy. If the old, "Idle hands are the devil's playthings" saying rings true, then have no fear, there are no devils here!



The other night Curt asked when he was going to get his wife back, meaning: when will we just sit and watch TV or a movie together without the clicking of my knitting needles in the background? Sadly, the answer to that may be never. I love that I can be productive and create while relaxing and unwinding. Of course, there are those projects that need undivided attention and can't share my brain with the drama or comedy of the evening.

The list of programs I watch with no yarn in hand is growing shorter and shorter. So is the list of kiddo's that need their heads warm for the winter. I'd say it's a pretty good trade off.

2 comments:

Kristie said...

Hey Sara, I don't think I have ever commented on your blog before, but I must tell you that I really enjoy ready all your posts. You have a precious little girl and it sounds like a great husband. I too have a very sweet hubby and little girl and I love to knit. I love the picture you put in this post. The hats are terrific! I have been knitting some for gifts, but some for myself too. My husband too has to hear my needles clicking away. So I am with you all the way! :) I also understand exactly what you mean in the post about daddy's girl. But you know if the dad's were with them all day and we were out they would do the same for us. I think. :) Merry Christmas to you and yours!!

sara said...

Hi Kristie,
Thank you so much for your kind words--they made my day! It's very nice to connect with another mom who shares my vices. :)
Take care and have a blessed Christmas!