Pages

Talkin 'bout a resolution

Everywhere I turn, all week long, I have been confronted with people talking about their New Year's resolutions. Especially on TV and in the blogosphere, it seems to be the topic of choice. I don't know if I was so consumed with preparing for Christmas or what, but making resolutions for 2010 was not on my radar at all, until now.

This year, for some reason, I am really feeling the pressure to come up with something interesting and relevant that transcends the typical: I want to be healthier, I want to save money, I want to be a better mom, a better person, blah, blah, blah. The funny thing is that what I want most for myself and my family doesn't really fall in the "resolution" category. I want to have a baby in 2010. I want to have a book published in 2010. And this year (gasp), I am going to turn 30. What are all of the things I wanted to accomplish before I hit the big 3-0? Is a trip to Greece out of the question for this summer? (Sadly, I think the answer to that may be yes, but at least I have my flower cups.)

For the past week, I have continued to go blank whenever I try and explore the subject. It feels really strange because I have never had trouble with resolutions before. Usually I can come up with a long and detailed list of ways I am going to kick this next year's butt. But 2010? I got nothin'.

Would it be ridiculous to resolve to come up with a resolution? Hmmm... Yes. It would. Or maybe I should simply resolve to relax a little bit, become more decisive and put less pressure on myself in general. Eh... That'll do.

No comments: