Pages

Oh Bobby!

A few days ago, during a gray and cold afternoon, I took Addie to a most glorious place... Hobby Lobby. In gearing up to make a few small crafts for the big two-year-old birthday, I was in need of supplies. I kept saying, "Addie, this is so exciting--we're going to Hobby Lobby!" She shouted back every time, "Oh Bobby!" Love it.

First on the agenda: a birthday banner with this sweet pink and brown fabric. With a little help from my sisters, I think we can pull it off.

There was a 50% off sale on ribbon so I stocked up to make some hair clips in fun summer colors.

And of course, there was the obligatory impulse buy. This print stood out amongst all the others just begging to be transformed into a sun dress for my girl.

The next few weeks will surely be busy, but full of color and lots of fun! Thanks, "Oh Bobby!"

5 comments:

Adele said...

Such wonderful potential in those purchases! Makes me want to take a trip to the craft store...

Unknown said...

I agree, only I have not a crafting bone in my body...so if you feel like crafting for my girl too...go for it, a dress? Sell it on etsy! Love it...

Imene said...

Lovely buys and I commend you for not giving in to more impulse buys ;o) You're a better person than I am.

sara said...

Ladies, you are too kind. ;)
It was my second trip ever to a Hobby Lobby and that place just blows my mind. If I ever won the lottery, I would spend most of it in their fabric and crafting sections... Dangerous, but awesome!!!

Jamie said...

I just bought that polka-dot fabric too for my little girl along with a coordinating one...can't wait to see what you create!