Pages

In Search of Summer: June 8th

Over the weekend, I decided it was finally time to harvest some herbs. Our oregano was hogging the bed and needed to simmer down a bit so my little basil plants can grow on up and make Momma some pesto.

Addie has such an interest in gardening and constantly talks about all the veggies we are growing, which makes me so happy. Naturally, I took her outside with me to help gather all of our herbs. I heard her favorite phrase, "I love it!" so many times... Be still my heart.



Between that and another mound of lavender, we were all set. My girl loved helping and carrying enough oregano to fill her tiny arms inside so I could wash it and lay it out for drying. Curt walked into the kitchen and said, "It smells so good in here!"


Oh yes it does!

No comments: