Pages

A week of updates in pictures: A Little Knitting

Way back in March, when we had beautiful weather that allowed us to bask in the sun without the fear of dying from heat stroke, I talked about knitting a pair of toast. Well, that afternoon I cast on and after about three inches of knitting realized my gauge was totally off. Way to go, me! I pulled it all out and then Addie woke from her slumber. No toast for me. At least not then.

After a long haitus from knitting, I couldn't take it anymore and last month I finally finished my very first pair. Even though it will be months before I can wear them, I am absolutely in love with how they turned out.



Addie was kind enough to model them for me...

Seeing that this quick knit could basically be the sleeves for a two-year-old sized sweater has inspired me to take the leap and explore some options for my growing girl. Knitting an actual article of clothing has always been really intimidating to me, but I'm going to take a leap and go for it! Stay tuned for more on this adventure...

Oh, and the yarn I used is exactly what Leslie recommends. It's Classic Elite Yarns Portland Tweed and the color I used was Barely There Lilac. I just might have to order some more to make a matching Felicity for the fall.    

2 comments:

Kerry said...

Woman, we need to be Ravelry buddies! I've been loving the toasty pattern myself and I have Felicity on my mind and in my queue as well. I'm kyoung on there...
Best of luck with the sweater... you can totally do it!

sara said...

Yes we do! I am such a slacker on Ravelry and it is one of my goals this year to finally beef up my profile, add some pictures, etc. I'll find you...