Pages

What Keeps Me Going

Fridays on this space are dedicated to sharing what keeps me going... A moment, a photo, an event or a memory that stands out against whatever might have gone wrong or felt dark in the last seven days.


I am sort of laughing to myself after reading my post from last Friday. Today, I feel the same exhaustion, but my perspective is completely different. Amazing what can happen in a week, huh? Instead of feeling like this growing fatigue is cheating me out of my "me time", now I'm in a place where it is just about survival.

Yesterday I don't know if I can say that I ever really woke up, hence my lack of posting. Did I make out with a teenager and contract mono? I feel like I would remember that if I did. Hmmm... I navigated my way through the morning fog just fine, and a good friend even came over with some yummies for lunch. After she left, I bottomed out and completely crashed.

Poor Addie woke up to a mommy that was really struggling. We have her "big girl bed" all set up in our living room so she can get used to it before we put her crib into the nursery. Thank God for that! She and I snuggled into her tiny twin bed and read books for the rest of the day. Well... she did most of the reading while I tried my hardest to stay awake.

And then my girl melted my soul. She laid down with her face right in front of mine and said, "Mommy sick?"

I smiled and replied, "Kind of. Mommy doesn't feel good."

She said, "I love you, Mommy" and gave me the best kiss in the universe. Then she grabbed two felt hearts from a bag that she carries around and stuffed them down my shirt, telling me, "Feel better, Mommy."


Oh. My. Goodness. How did this angel get to be so sweet? We kept on reading and I felt unbelievable gratitude that Addie is my daughter. She was so fantastic all afternoon... listened, followed directions, made a rough day as easy as possible.

Curt came home from work early and totally took the reigns so I could rest. Love him. Those two definitely have kept me going this week. The funny part of all this is that today, my free ride is over. Even as I type, my darling child is throwing a massive fit about having to take a nap. Aaahhh, the joys of motherhood. Isn't that what makes it all interesting, though? Those incredible swings of feeling like you have the most perfect child God ever created and then fearing that the devil snuck into your home through the air vents and inserted demons into your baby. But I wouldn't change a thing.

Enjoy your weekend and don't forget to stop back on Monday for a really fun announcement and my very first giveaway!


I would love it if you joined me in sharing what keeps you going! Leave a comment to let me know you're participating and each week, I will include a list of everyone who is playing along.

**A very special thanks to my dear friend Katie, my sisters Em and Kate (who can be found here and here), my honorary mother-in-law Mary, and my papa bear for dropping by and sharing their weekly inspiration. Love you all.**

3 comments:

Kerry said...

What a darling girl! Surely a reflection of the love her mama and daddy are showing her! Take care dear and rest up!

Lee Zuhars said...

I was on vacation this week so I was able to get some extra rest, do something other than work and visit with my family and friends. I participated in Vacation Bible School at my church this week and what a blessing it was to be with the kids! It renewed my spirit and left me feeling blessed. The moment that blessed me the most was after the final prayer on the final night--a boy who was about 7-8 years old came running up to me and hugged me and said thank you. It made all the hard work that I had put in over the last couple of months totally worth it! Praise God!

mary said...

This week we finally managed to get the guys together to celebrate Father's Day on Thursday. Mike, John, Joe and I got to share a meal, then Nathan and Em skyped in and we all just got to hang out for a while. As always, there is nothing I love more than watching and listening to these guys thoroughly enjoy each other's company. Sara, the best gift you'll ever give Addie is the (not so) little one that's hoppin' up and down on your bladder and hogging all your breathing room. Trust me on this.