Pages

What Keeps Me Going

Fridays on this space are dedicated to sharing what keeps me going... A moment, a photo, an event or a memory that stands out against whatever might have gone wrong or felt dark in the last seven days.


I will admit, this week was sort of a rough one for me. Addie and I have had to spend our days pretty much confined to my bedroom due to all of the work happening in our house and the super hot temps outside. Stir crazy doesn't quite cover it! I did have one of my favorite events take place first thing this week, however: an appointment with my midwife.

I can't say how much I truly adore this woman. She is part of a practice in Frankfort, KY and she is utterly fantastic--well worth the 30 minute drive out of town. Throughout my pregnancy I had to see each of the physicians in the office. That way I could be familiar with them in case there is an issue and one is involved in the delivery. Finally I made it through them all and got to go back to Katie on Monday.

I forgot how much I missed her. I was telling my mom about my appointment last night and she agreed that Katie is like a part of the family. It really does feel like I'm going to hang out with a girlfriend rather than go to a Dr.'s appointment whenever I see her. I had my bookclub meeting Tuesday night and almost all of us see Katie for our gynecological needs, not to mention she has delivered most of our children. All you have to do is mention her name and all the ladies smile and sigh, "Oh, Katie. I love her!"

I tell you, she is something special! When I gave birth to Addie she did everything in her power to make sure the room was as peaceful as possible. Even though there were some things about the experience that didn't turn out the way I had hoped, Katie ensured that the actual delivery was all that I could have wanted.

Here she is with Addie and my mom, not long after Little Miss. found her way out of my belly and into our arms.

This time around, I am feeling a lot more anxiety about the entire process, perhaps because I now know what I'm getting into. But also knowing that Katie will be there to help us welcome our newest angel into the world gives me an incredible sense of comfort... and it leaves me looking forward to my next appointment.


I would love it if you joined me in sharing what keeps you going! Leave a comment to let me know you're participating and each week, I will include a list of everyone who is playing along.

2 comments:

em said...

My week was a little hard without connections to the outside world, I've been feeling a little too peaceful - but the thought of being home next week, and the noise and business got me through this week.

And holding miss Addie in only 4 little weeks!

sara said...

Oh Em, you are my true and faithful! I cannot say how much I'm looking forward to you being here--not just at our house, but in the country. Inconsistant communication is really not our style. ;)