Pages

What Keeps Me Going

Fridays on this space are dedicated to sharing what keeps me going... A moment, a photo, an event or a memory that stands out against whatever might have gone wrong or felt dark in the last seven days.


I'm not going to lie, this week has been a really tough one. Last week was the first one I spent home alone with the girls while Curt went back to work full time. Things went pretty smoothly and I thought to myself-- Yeah, I got this!

Then Monday came and all hell seemed to break loose. Nothing specific at the moment stands out in my mind, but from the looks on our faces when we fell into bed at night, Curt and I have definitely met challenge head on. I can't tell you if we've succeeded or not, but I can say that everyone is still alive. I suppose that in and of itself is a victory at this point. 

So what has kept me going through all the chaos? The fresh food that has been delivered to our home almost daily and the leftovers they have provided. I tell you, if you want to do something nice for someone who has just had a baby, make them a meal and take it to their house with no strings attached. That family will love you forever. 

Because of the kindness and generosity of very dear friends and moms from the group at our parish, I haven't had to prepare a meal in almost two weeks. Instead of worrying about what I will make for dinner each night, I have had the luxury of settling into our evenings as a family of four, yet still enjoy a hot meal. Amazing.

Lasagna and earthy penne pasta with mushrooms, spinach, bacon and cheese, along with homemade garlic bread. Yes, it is just as tasty reheated!

I hardly have the words to describe how helpful this has been and how much it has saved me since Lena was born. Thank you, friends. Your delicious cooking has fed my family's soul and kept us going. I don't know if I could have survived without you!


I would love it if you joined me in sharing what keeps you going! Leave a comment to let me know you're participating and each week, I will include a list of everyone who is playing along.


No comments: