Pages

Calling all car guys

On April 1st, the almost unthinkable happened--my dad started a blog. No, it wasn't an April Fool's joke, and really it shouldn't have come as a surprise. After all, my dad writes for a living--he's a pastor! One of his main tasks is to craft, ponder, pray over and develop a sermon at least once a week (or like now, during Lent, it's more like twice or more).

What does he write about? I'm so glad you asked! For as long as I can remember, my dad has had a rather small list of passions in his life: his faith, his family, flying, and his cars. That's about it. It may seem like that's not a very long list but I will tell you, when this man commits, look out because he is all in--like reckless abandon, ante up and push all your chips to the center of the table kind of IN.

This blog I assume will be no different. He will take this forum of restoring his 1968 Mustang and kick it into high gear; in a way he already has. Even though car talk isn't really my cup o' tea (metaphorically speaking because boy do I heart Click & Clack), I have been pleasantly surprised at how interesting it is to read about all he has done and continues to do on his car(s).

Perhaps it's because in this type of media I can take my time to absorb what he's talking about. Sadly, in a phone conversation, when I get an update on garage time, I'm often just nodding and trying so hard to understand what in the world my dear ol' dad is talking about! This way I can not only google phrases like "rear splash apron" and "front cross member" (who thinks of these dirty sounding names?!), but I also have photographs to help me along my way.

It also doesn't hurt that what my dad does for a living has also translated well into his Internet space--he's a really good writer. So if you or a man in your life is turned on by this:



Go HERE and read up on a 1968 Mustang Resurrection. It's definitely an education.


Way to put yourself and your passions out there, Dad! Love you!!!

2 comments:

deo1929 said...

Wow! I am humbled by your words. Thanks so much...and love you much too.
D

sara said...

I only speak the truth. **smooch**