Pages

Imaginary celebrity connections

Addie has a short list of songs that she really adores. At the top of the list is Paul Simon's Diamonds on the Soles of Her Shoes. It takes over her and puts her into a kind of trance--a little strange, but at the same time, I'm not messing with a good thing. OAR's Shattered will get her shimmy shaking no matter what. It's adorable and she always lights up when she hears those three notes at the beginning that remind Mommy of The Twilight Zone, but in a good way. I'd say we listen to that one at least twice a day, if not more.

The other evening, Curt was telling me about how Chris O'Donnell was on a late night talk show sharing about how his son loves Shattered as well. Supposedly Mr. O'Donnell has to negotiate with his three-year-old for how many moments of silence he can have in the car before they play this song of choice. Clearly without a thought in my head I said, "Oh that's funny. We should send him a note."

What? We should send him a note? I'm really sure this actor would love to hear all that our kids seem to have in common. While I'm at it I might as well tell him about the time Addie tried to put her hands in a poopy diaper and then lick her fingers. What is it about being a parent that makes you feel connected to every other parent out in the world? It's like we're all members of this secret, strange club where cute and gross stories bind us all as one. Apparently I was in "club" mode that evening and talked about Chris O'Donnell like we have him over for dinner on a regular basis.

Thank God my husband loves me. He shrugged off my little comment as if it was totally normal and said, "Yeah, I thought it was pretty funny." Good man. Love him.

No comments: