Pages

Best day ever

Yesterday may have been the most perfect day I have ever had with my girl. We played all morning, she had a nice long nap, and then we took to the outdoors for the afternoon. Our evening spent waiting for Daddy to come home was filled with the O.A.R. station on Pandora, bagel making...


...and open windows with a nice cool breeze flowing inside.

I think the only thing that could have made it better would have been if Curt was home to enjoy it with us.

A few side notes:
1. Our day did have one burst of nastiness that resulted in a time-out, but I believe I have finally learned that discipline does not have to stain Addie's and my time together. A few minutes of teaching an important lesson (we don't kick people) and then it was wiped off the radar so we could get back to fun.

2. Those bagels were UH-MA-ZING! Not to mention they were easy enough for me to make while Addie and I were dancing around in the kitchen, and the result--oh so delicious. This might have to become my go-to recipe for breakfast whenever we have overnight guests. Maybe that will entice my sisters to get down here more often! And in case you were wondering, the recipe for Cinnamon-Raisin Whole Wheat Bagels can be found right in here along with many other wonders... more on those later.

2 comments:

Imene said...

I am glad you had such a wonderful day. Here's to more go with the flow days!!

sara said...

Oh thank you! Yes, those days are fantastic!!!