Pages

Bye-bye baby fat

I have said this before to some of our family and friends, but yesterday I noticed it again and nearly broke down in tears. One of my most favorite parts of Addie has almost completely disappeared! Even as I write that, my eyes fill to the brim. It's the fat roll/crease/what-have-you that rested right in the middle of her forearm.


Now our girl is almost two. TWO! And her sweet bare arms look like this...

Do you see how the crease is just gone? Sometimes when she moves a certain way, I can still find a trace of it, but oh my goodness... It's so hard for me to watch it go. I hate to repeat the biggest mom cliche in the world, but I find that I must--she is growing up so fast!

If I wasn't already pregnant, this realization would have sent me off to immediately map out my next ovulation date and tell Curt to buckle up. Since we are already well on our way to baby #2, I suppose I will have to find my comfort in waiting to feel some first fluttery kicks and a box of Girl Scout Cookies. That'll do.

4 comments:

Lee Zuhars said...

Aawwww.....she's grown so much. I miss you guys. We need to get together soon.

Auntie Em said...

Great pic - she looks so big here! At least she still eats "oj" and "eeyoo"...

Adele said...

I am mourning some loss of baby fat, too! Perfect timing for #2... let's hope it's a chubby one. ;-)

sara said...

She is SO big, it's a little bit crazy! Addie was never a chunky baby, much to my dismay. I didn't get to love all over really chubby baby thighs... So yes, here's hoping that this baby on the way is full of rolls to pinch, tickle, kiss and love on!